It is the that time of year for reflection and gratitude. Our wish for all who have come into our lives this past year, as well as those who continue to stand by us – all the best that this Holiday Season has to offer. For many still struggling please know our hearts are with you. We struggle together. Personally, it is hard to put into words the feeling I have toward all who have let me into their lives with their own journey. I truly feel blessed having you in my life.
Thank you to those special folks who donated to Kyla’s Quest. Through your generosity we have been able to touch the lives of many.
The highlights of this past year;
1. Top of the list would be our Health Canada approved Medical Exemption for access to Charlottes Web Hemp Oil from Colorado thanks to the support of all who participated in the letter writing campaign. This is now being acknowledged by many doctors in the medical field so the crucial doctors letter is much easier to attain and more children, as well as others, are gaining access to their medicine.
2. The Cannabis Hemp conference we attended in July which gave us the opportunity to learn and meet with some critical people in this crazy industry. The ones standing out for me were Dr Lumir Hanus, who identified the Endocannabinoid System and Dr Dave Hepburn, who has an amazing Bio, most recently that of medical cannabis teacher.
3. The continuing cannabis educational series put on by Kyla’s Quest ending this September with our fundraising event featuring guest speakers, Graeme Staley, David Hutchinson and our key note speaker Dr. Dave Hepburn. An amazing event hosting around 200 people from Penticton area and beyond, the majority seniors.
4. For those in the business who I have come to know and respect: Bob, Graeme, PJ and all of Purefarma Solutions, Jim Leslie with The Kootenay’s Medicine Tree including Wendy and their entire team, Kevin from Okanagan Cannabinoid Therapy and his entire team with all their amazing support for Kyla’s Quest, Kelly Csada from Regina Saskatchewan with Kelz Medicinals.
5. The opportunity for an amazing experience with Kyla in the healing chamber thanks to George Robichaud "the Brown Dirt Warrior”. Kyla had the best 3 weeks ever after the chamber.
6. Moving into the house built for Kyla with her parents and realizing that it takes many hands to raise a child like Kyla. We are lucky to have each other! We are also most lucky to have an amazing builder in her Grandpa Chris.
The year brought much sadness with the loss of my father, Bill Price at the age of 93. He was integral in our journey with cannabis medicine pointing us to learn through Dr. Sanjay Gupta. He wanted the best for Kyla and encouraged us all the way.
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Hope for a wonderful New Year!
from Elaine, Chris, Courtney, Jared and our precious little Kyla. Our little angel will never know how she has touched the lives of so many.